Recently MetLife posted an article via their Life Advice newsletter, The Magic of Tidiness. Included are simple and straightforward benefits of being tidy:
- You may feel less stress (my emphasis) in a neat home where you know where everything is.
- “Neat desks and workspaces are linked to increased creativity.
- Non-cluttered homes help guard against tripping and falling.
- When you let go of things you don’t need or that don’t bring you joy, what’s left are things that make you feel happy when you see them.
- Your home will be more pleasant visually without clutter.
- You’ll have more space, and that space will be easier to clean.
- You may have more money. If you have valuables you don’t love, you can sell them.
- De-cluttering brings a tremendous sense of accomplishment, even joy.
If you’re holding on to things thinking you’ll pass them on to your children or grandchildren one day, consider this: if you don’t need it, neither does your family.”
(MetLife: Spring 2017, Volume 24, Number 2)